Monday, October 30, 2006

Fairies

Gandarvika's 5th Birthday party was Saturday evening. It was a costume party and most of the girls came dressed as fairies. The kids had lots of fun playing pin the peacock feather on Gopal, they sang the Damodarastaka prayers offering candles and of course prasadam- soup, cake and ice cream. I took the picture when I picked them up. They were all very happy.

Amaya, Subhadra, Radha, Gandarvika, Radharani & Lakshmi


Dracula


For Sunday Feast entertainment, my husband and I did the skit, Dracula Gets a Bhagavad Gita. I did this in Utah so we already had the script and pre-recording. This was the first time my husband was Dracula.
People were laughing so much when he appeared. The temple room was packed and we felt so happy that people really liked it and made them laugh. It is a nice skit that has
philosophy and humor together.


I played the book distributor and first we discuss lust the detrimental effects of lust anger and greed. Dracula gets frustrated as we discuss philosophy and his foolishness is revealed again & again. When I first take out the Bhagavad Gita, he screams and hides "AHH put that book away! It is more brilliant than thousands of suns!"
"Yes, Godhead is light, ignorance is darkness, where there is Godhead, there is no darkness".
He asks how he can free of such a strong desire for blood. I give him a prasadam sweet and he becomes ecstatic. He is invited to Sunday Feast at the Hare Krsna Temple and leaves with a Bhagavad Gita.